Bathroom arson fire evacuates Burnsville elementary school

posted in: News | 0

A Burnsville elementary school was evacuated Monday afternoon after an arson fire in a bathroom, officials said.

Firefighters responded to a smoke alarm at Edward Neill Elementary just before 1 p.m. A small bathroom fire was extinguished by sprinklers, the fire department said in a statement. No one was injured.

Staff and students were evacuated due to water and smoke in the building, which is at 13409 Upton Ave S. north of Burnsville Parkway.

“At this time, it is determined to be an arson fire and the fire remains under investigation,” the statement read.

Related Articles

Crime & Public Safety |

Ex-Minneapolis cop sentenced to workhouse, probation for beating St. Paul man during 2020 civil unrest

Crime & Public Safety |

Maple Grove ‘Airbnb becomes machine gunBNB,’ sheriff’s office says after 11 guns found at teen’s birthday party

Crime & Public Safety |

Former Mayo Clinic doctor accused of fatally poisoning wife held on $2M bail

Crime & Public Safety |

Authorities say drugs found in home of central Minnesota man accused of shooting 5 officers

Crime & Public Safety |

St. Paul homicide investigation underway after West Side shooting

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.