New Mexico reopens investigation into alleged illegal activity at Epstein’s former Zorro Ranch

posted in: All news | 0

By SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN, Associated Press

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico’s attorney general has reopened an investigation into allegations of illegal activity at Jeffrey Epstein’s former Zorro Ranch.

Attorney General Raúl Torrez’s office made the announcement Thursday, saying the decision was made after reviewing information recently released by the U.S. Department of Justice.

Related Articles


Rescue group in Las Vegas tries to catch a toucan that escaped its owner before it’s too late


Bodies of 8 killed in California avalanche cannot be recovered Thursday due to extreme weather


Federal judge accuses Trump administration of ‘terror’ against immigrants in scathing ruling


When Rhode Island shooter started firing, bystanders jumped into action to end the carnage


Slavery exhibit removed by Trump administration is returning to Independence Mall in Philadelphia

Although New Mexico’s initial case was closed in 2019 at the request of federal prosecutors in New York, state prosecutors say now that “revelations outlined in the previously sealed FBI files warrant further examination.”

The New Mexico Department of Justice said special agents and prosecutors at the agency will be seeking immediate access to the complete, unredacted federal case file and intend to work with other law enforcement partners as well as a new truth commission established by state lawmakers to look into activities at the ranch.

“As with any potential criminal matter, we will follow the facts wherever they lead, carefully evaluate jurisdictional considerations, and take appropriate investigative action, including the collection and preservation of any relevant evidence that remains available,” the New Mexico Department of Justice said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.