Fridley man dressed as UPS driver guilty in slaying of Coon Rapids trio

posted in: All news | 0

A  Fridley man who investigators say was dressed as a UPS driver when he killed three people inside a Coon Rapids home was found guilty of three counts of first-degree murder on Friday by a jury, authorities said.

Alonzo Pierre Mingo, 39, was charged in connection with the January 2024 killings of Shannon Patricia Jungwirth, 42, her son Jorge Alexander Reyes-Jungwirth, 20, and her husband, Mario Alberto Trejo Estrada, 39.

Alonzo Pierre Mingo (Courtesy of the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office)

Authorities say Mingo went into the home on the 200 block of 94th Avenue Northwest with two other men looking for money.

The three victims were found shot in the head, according to the criminal complaint. Two small children, both under the age of 5, were in the home at the time of the killings but not injured.

Mingo was arrested about three hours after the killings after he was pulled over in his car near his Fridley home. A UPS shirt and vest were inside a backpack, and investigators later learned that Mingo had been employed by UPS until earlier that month, the complaint says.

Mingo’s attorney could not be reached for comment on Friday. Two other men, Omar Malik Shumpert, 20, and Demetrius Trenton Shumpert, 34, both of Minneapolis, have been charged in the case. They face their own jury trials this fall.

Related Articles


As Trump threatens more Guard troops in US cities, here’s what the law allows


Bookmaker linked to baseball star Shohei Ohtani’s interpreter sentenced to just over a year


Trump suggests more US cities need National Guard but crime stats tell a different story


Teen with BB gun apprehended at Stillwater Area High School football game


West St. Paul police: Officer fatally shot man who fired at police during standoff

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.